Childhood Education refers to the education of a child before normal schooling in any formal organization. Childhood education must be based on attractive systems to let the child learn and grow with his best abilities.
Laws Regarding Early Childhood Education
Education in childhood must be started from the age of three years. A child should be trained for his personal tasks before he/she goes to school.
Importance of Early Childhood Education
Importance of childhood education can be understood with the help of following:
- The brain grows rapidly during the first three years of a child. Therefore you have to put a lot of efforts for early childhood education. If you are little careful regarding the education of a child, you can certainly bring marvelous changes in their personality before they reach to their forth birthday.
- During the early educational period, a child gains more attention of his parents or people around him, so they stay happier and healthy ultimately for longer period of time.
- Importance of early childhood education is the development of child-parent relationship during educational period.
- Health and growth of kids are the foundations of learning procedure for the children. However attention, love, care, affection, mental stimulation and encouragement from parents and teachers play a vital role to build the bright future of the kids.
- Early childhood education provides a foundation for professional studies later in life of children.
- During educational period, interacting with other children and people leads the child to be social in future.
Activity Programs in Childhood Education & Its Importance
Childhood education activity program should be eye-catching so the child will be attracted and feel ease to be engaged with it. During early childhood education, a child can be given some blocks, items to match, coloring of shapes, alphabetical items, running, jumping, throwing and other things which teach him something important. During these activities, keep the child away from sharp edged and pointed items. Otherwise kids may hurt themselves.
Parent’s Participation in Childhood Education
Parents as Volunteer
Parents are the helping hands for the child and child education starts from the lap of the mother. Parents help their child in various ways in early education to learn interesting stuff.
Parent’s Participation in Institutional Events
When the kids are involved in different learning activities in their daycare centers or schools, parent’s participation still of great importance. They prepare the kids for these activities at home and they have to spend a lot of time for that.
Education in Childhood
Under the observation of parents, kids may learn the following even before they get admission in school.
- Letters of alphabets
- Learn new words and how and where they are used
- Early writing skills
- Making pictures of home, parents, sibling and other characters by looking around or by listening stories
Home is the best institute ever, where a child learns under the inspection of his parents. There is no doubt that childhood education at home makes child and parent relationship stronger because of the indulgence it requires.